Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WHAT!!!!!

Karen, that is so random.  That is awesome.  I am excited for you.  I am glad that you got a picture Robin.  I don't have anything near that exciting.  I did peel a tomato today.  I wanted to make a slow cooker spaghetti sauce and I had to peel the tomatoes for that.  It was really easy to do.  I was surprised.  It takes 15 hours to cook so I did it after Isaac went to bed and it should be done for dinner tomorrow.  I hope that it is good.  It is nice to use more of the tomatoes we have.  Here Mom is the recipe that I made yesterday.  It was really good.  I am glad that you guys had a fun night.  That is awesome.

Love
Rachel



ITALIAN POTATO TOMATO CASSEROLE 
4 potatoes
3 med. tomatoes, sliced
1/2 c. grated cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. oregano
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, sliced thin
1/2 c. Provolone cheese, shredded
1/8 tsp. pepper

Peel and slice potatoes 1/4" thick. Oil large casserole with olive oil. Arrange potatoes, tomatoes and onions in layers. Sprinkle each layer with the cheeses and other seasonings. Repeat, ending with a layer of potatoes sprinkled with cheese. Dot with butter. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 4 to 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday

 Sorry I didn't blog last night.  I mentally wrote a blog post but never physically did it.  Yesterday was good.  It was the last day of...