Sunday, July 16, 2023

Sunday

 We had a really fun day today.  Everyone is leaving tomorrow and I am so sad.  We will miss them.  We slept in the morning.  Randy and Teri came over to help finish up the bench.  I looked at the photos that Robin scanned in and there is a picture of the bench.  It wasn't yellow like I remember.  The metal was black.  So they were able to make it look pretty much the same.  They got everything painted and stain and I think we can throw it together tonight.  I am going to stain the benches Robin make the same color and then they can all be on the deck and look amazing.  Everyone went to Angie's for breakfast.  I went to church to say the closing prayer and play the piano.  We decided to float down the Oneida narrows.  Randy bought some tubes.  We got some but they were the wrong size.  We headed up.  Collin drove and we drove the van.  We mixed up where we were going to meet and we didn't have cell phones so it took a bit to find each other.  We had Casey and the little kids in a boat called the voyager and the rest of us were on a tube.  Poor Mandy had a water proof backpack and it tipped her backwards and she twisted her ankles at the beginning so she got out and stayed at the car.  Oliver and Ruth wanted to try the tubs so I was switching out with them.  When Ruth was on it she drifted to the side and got stuck in a branch.  She grabbed on and her tub floated away.  Someone caught it.  I was able to go over and grab Ruth and get her back to the boat.  It was scary but she is fine.  We just kept the little kids in the boat after that.  It was really fun after that floating the river.  It was so pretty and the water felt really nice.  We stopped at Franklin on the way home to get lottery tickets.  We won $75 and everyone was nice and split it up and gave it to the kids.  We went to Randy's for a late dinner.  He made dutch oven stew and it tasted really good.  Tomorrow is my birthday and it should be a fun day.  Love you guys 

Love Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday

 Sorry I didn't blog last night.  I mentally wrote a blog post but never physically did it.  Yesterday was good.  It was the last day of...