Monday, May 11, 2009

hair the do

Today was my first day of school. I think I'm going to have a great time. I usually dread first day you will never get anywhere first day but everyone was really up beat. I start out with a 3 week course in hair. We had to make the perfect pony tail. let me tell you its harder then it looks. You can't have any bumps in the hair and it has to sit on the crown of your head. its an angle from the ear. I guess it makes for elegant up do's cause it enhances the angle of the face. We only had a few hours cause it took us all day to make sure we had everything in our kit. that took forever. But we learned a updo that takes five minutes from beginning to end. Its really pretty and pretty simple in a way. once you conquer the "perfect ponytail." the teacher takes the mannequin head and shakes it and the up do has to stay in place. I passed one but the others were like a massacre. But if you get a car wreck your hair will look fabulous. :) We have a test at the end of the three weeks and we have to pass her standards. She's really nice but she's not an easy grader, if she doesn't like it you have to practice again and again. Its good to get all the experience. One day I will a up do fool. Well they decided to rip up the road right next to my room. I didn't notice till I got home from school. Its really loud. Luckily I will be in school most of the so I don't think I will notice much. :) Well I'm glad Karen made it home safe and that everyone had fun in SLC. better go eat dinner. Loves

Robin

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome first day of school. I am so glad that you are having fun. I wish that I was learning all of that. You will have to shair your knowlegde with me :)

    ReplyDelete

Friday

 I had a really quiet morning. I slept. Dad came home and I ran some errands. He had a heart doctor appt. He checked out really good. I am e...