Monday, September 21, 2009

I did it

I made mustard pickles and they are really good and five of the bottles has sealed already. I was nervous about doing this all by myself. Last night I cut up the cucumbers, cauliflower and onions. Then I let it soak all night in salt. Then today before I dived into it, Helen had me come over and help her can some salsa and it really help me see how to do it again. She even gave me a bottle of Salsa which looks really good. Then I came home and started on my mustard pickles. Here is a picture of them cooking. I tasted it as I was cooking because I didn't want to can something gross and it tasted so good. I was excited.

Here is a picture of the finished product.

It was fun to do, I thought that we had planted too many cucumbers but I really like having them. It has been fun to make things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday

 I had a really quiet morning. I slept. Dad came home and I ran some errands. He had a heart doctor appt. He checked out really good. I am e...