Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lunch in

For the work lunchin we are having spooky soups and salads. So here is the recipe I found to make.
 
Supplies:
  • Large Mixing Bowl
  • Spatula or Spoonula
  • Small Paring Knife
  • Serving Platter
Salad Ingredients:
  • 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
  • 1 pound boiled potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1/2 pound pound carrots, cubed
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, finely diced
  • 1 celery stick, finely diced
Dressing:
  • 1/2 cup garlic mayonnaise (make your own by adding a finely minced garlic clove to a 1/2 cup of mayo)
  • 1 Tbsp Ketchup
  • 1 tsp prepared horseradish
  • salt and pepper
Garnish:
  • 1 pound green grapes, cut in half lengthwise
  • Ketchup (as desired)
Instructions:
Mix garlic mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl with spatula or spoonula for the dressing. Use a lower fat mayo if you prefer. I personally like the full flavored regular mayonnaise from Kraft. Your preference may vary however.
Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the dressing and mix well.
Take a serving platter and form 1/2 ball shape out of salad.
Divide the salad to 2 hemispheres with your spatula.
Cover the entire surface with the halved grapes, if they don’t stick add a little more mayo and use like a glue.
Squirt around the edges with ketchup and squirt a little more in between the hemispheres of the brain so it will look like blood

Just in case anyone else would like to try it. The party is on Friday so I will let you know then how it turned out. It looks creepy ate least. Well I was tired this morning but I made it thru the day. Work was good so that helped. If it was boring I don't think I would have made it. Well I hope that everyone had a great day. BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday

 Sorry I didn't blog last night.  I mentally wrote a blog post but never physically did it.  Yesterday was good.  It was the last day of...