Thursday, June 4, 2009

I am back!!!

Well I made it through girls camp. It was really fun and I am glad that I went. The girls were really good and very friendly, they were great. I really liked being a leader, it was nice to go as one. It was nice to get to know the young women leaders better. I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pictures. If I get copies of any I will post them. On Tuesday we meet up at the church at 7:00. It was rainy and cold. We had muffins and juice at the church and got everyone loaded up. Since it was rainy we decided to do the certifications in the cabin. I am glad that we stayed in the cabin, it was huge and was nice to be inside during all the storms. I had to only teach two certification classes so I talked with people and help set things up. Then we had walking tacos for lunch and that was really easy to do. We only had one first year and she had to help with two meals so I helped her cook the meat. Then the girls played games after lunch but I played uno and talked with the other leaders, it was a lot of fun. For dinner we had tin foil dinner. It had cleared up a bit but a storm was coming fast so we went down to the fire pit and cook the dinner and sang some songs. Then it started to rain so we went back to the cabin. It was a huge storm, they said that it almost turned into a tornado. We played murder in the dark for 3 hours after dinner. It was really fun, the girls were really loud and had a lot of fun with it.

On Wednesday I had to lead the girls on a five mile hike and teach them 5 plants. Since it had been raining the night before we made sure everyone had something else to change into because we got wet. They really liked the hike and were fun. They made up songs about it and didn't complain about it being wet. The hike didn't take as long as planned so we did the craft next. We made scripture covers. They turned out cute. Then it got kind of boring and I wanted to go home, to check on the goats but I stayed. We ended up just playing games all afternoon and painting prayer rocks. We had a big dinner with the Bishopric and a guest speaker, we had dutch oven chicken and potatoes. The guest speaker everyone loved but I though that he was crazy. He is the band teacher at the high school and he talked to God constantly and it seems like God is micro-managing him. It was ridiculous and he talked a long time. He has a half and hour late and he talk too long so we didn't start testimony meeting until 10:30. I was kind of in a bad mood at this point but the testimony meeting was really nice and it made me feel better. I wasn't going to bear my testimony but everyone else did and then they all looked at me because I was the last one so caved into peer pressure and I got up and did it.

This morning we just had cold cereal and bagels. We had to clean everything up. Then had the girls tell who was their secret sisters. Then Janis wanted everyone to say one nice thing about each other. So we picked a girls and went around the room and said something good about her. It was really nice and a good activity but it just took a while. Then we left. I got home around 11:00.

The goats and birds are a live in case everyone was worried. I am glad that everyone are having a good week. I am glad that we have the blog so I can catch up with everything. It sounds like a lot had happened. Well thanks for listening about girls camp. I am glad that it went well and is over. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had fun your so good with kids/ young adults. :) I'm glad your safe to it sounded really stormy ... eekkk...

    ReplyDelete

Friday

 Sorry I didn't blog last night.  I mentally wrote a blog post but never physically did it.  Yesterday was good.  It was the last day of...